Re: RFC: Better portability for package maintainers

Alex Ross <alexross@gnusolaris.org> writes:

> The following is based on premises that portability is good and
> that POSIX is a standard. A proposal.
>
> Over the last couple months we've built about gazillion Ubuntu/Dapper
> packages. The process is heavily automated ([1], [2], [3]).
>
> And so, to lookup the result of the XYZ build (where XYZ is a source package
> in question), simply click on a link that looks like this:
>
> http://www.gnusolaris.org/cgi-bin/hackzone-web?pkgname=XYZ
>
> For instance, take two randomly selected packages: galeon [4] and
> fam [5].

Lets also take atlas3 so we see something interesting:

http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?email=&packages=galeon+fam+atlas3&arches=

Installed means Debian has it in the archive, Failed means the buildd
admin has set the package to failed and Failure means there is a
buildd log with maybe-failed but no admin action for it.

MfG
        Goswin