Re: Making init scripts use dash

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 05:27:23PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Also, I've heard other options being posed, such as writing all init
> scripts (including /etc/init.d/rc) in python.  But I do want to
> concentrate on what's possible to do for etch or etch+1.

If you're going to use a real scripting language to implement
initscripts, why not use one that is Essential: yes already? Try
'apt-cache show perl-base|grep Essential'. You'd still have to move it
to /bin rather than /usr/bin, though.

Also, I'm not sure whether moving away from bash and towards another
scripting language is going to really make it be faster. Anyway.

--
Fun will now commence