libgnutls (was: gcc 4.1 or not)

* Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) [060511 11:00]:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 10:09:11AM +0200, Domenico Andreoli <cavok@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:10:48PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > > there were some requests, e.g. by Martin Michlmayr to the release team
> > > whether we could switch gcc to 4.1 or not for etch.  As we're heading to
> >
> > what about the transition to python 2.4? is it going to start or etch
> > is going to ship with 2.3?
>
> what about the transition to libgnutls13 ? I noticed yesterday when
> debootstraping that we get libgnutls11, 12 AND 13 installed by default.
> Do we really need that many libgnutls ?

Please see e.g. bug #363294, there are some discussions about that. Of
course, as in all that issues, feel free to help with packages moving
away from gnutls11, but that is as of now not an RC bug (and we speak of
68 packages in testing currently using libgnutls11, which are not too
few).

However, it would be quite more helpful to reduce the number of real RC
bugs - we need to get down from the number of 400.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/