Re: Guidelines for packaging projects on Alioth

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

> I even documented that configuration in the sample configuration file.
> That's what I've done with python-modules recently. Some people subscribe
> to the -commits list because they are very involved in the team and other
> just use the PTS to follow the 2-3 packages that are of interest to them.

But isn't the maintainer automatically subscribed to all messages to the
PTS?  This would mean that if the maintainer is set to a mailing list,
the list receives all commit messages.  This deceives the purpose of
having a separate list for commit messages.

For pkg-tetex, we send the commit messages with logs to the maintainer
list - no problem redirecting this to the PTS.  But the full diffs would
only clutter the list and are better in pkg-tetex-commits.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)