Re: What on earth?

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 11:12 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Please tell me if I have this right:
>       * You don't like .la files
>       * So you're unilaterally removing them from a core package
>         (libxcursor) with dozens of reverse-depends, breaking all of
>         them
>       * Even though they're a years-old and very well established
>         technology
>       * Which upstream libtool has not yet decided to eliminate ("It's
>         already under discussion")
>       * And which has not been discussed on debian-devel or any other
>         Debian list as far as I can tell (Google search).

Okay, my mistake, the removal of .la files throughout X packages
indicates that this was an X-wide decision, not an isolated developer.
But I still don't see any discussion on Debian lists outside of this one
bug.

"I guess that's why they call it unstable..."

Cheers,
-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html