Bug#358666: ITP: o2sms -- A perl library and script to send SMS messages using .ie websites
Owner: "Conall O'Brien" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : o2sms
Version : 2.0.107
Upstream Author : David McNamara <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.mackers.com/projects/o2sms/
* License : Perl/Artistic
Description : A perl library and script to send SMS messages using .ie websites
o2sms is a library and and script to send SMS messages via the command
line using the websites of Irish mobile operators. This is achieved by
simulating a web browser's interaction with those websites. This script
requires a valid web account with o2 Ireland, Vodafone Ireland or Meteor
At the time of writing, o2 give 250 free web texts per month, Vodafone
300 and Meteor 300. After sending a message, o2sms will tell you how
many you have remaining.
* Support for multiple recipients and groups.
* Will split long messages over multiple 160-character texts.
* Built-in address book.
* Config file for storing username, password and other options.
* Support for cookies, which are reused between invocations.
* 'Remaining messages' report.
* HTTP(S) proxy support.
* Append a signature to every text.
* T9 emulation (currently limited to capitalisation of first
letter in sentences).
* Allows messages to be split manually (use "\\" in messages).
* Support for squeezed messages (suport 4 squez msg).
* Designed for easy integration with other programs.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.8-2-386
Locale: LANG=en_IE.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_IE.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)