Re: removal of svenl from the project

Hello Andres,

On Tue, 14.03.2006 at 21:01:09 -0500, Andres Salomon <dilinger@debian.org> wrote:
> I am going through the expulsion process to have Sven Luther removed
> from the project.  The process is outlined here:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/08/msg00005.html>,
> and I have already completed step 1.

I've not seen any of it, but would like to ask everybody to not become
too trigger-happy abusing this process (although it's formally not my
job to do so), re-iterating what is outlined in the quoted email.

> even), behind his back.  This is incredibly childish, aggressive
> behavior, and should not be tolerated within the project (IMO).

I've seen a lot of other developers behaving in ways I tend to consider
childish and aggressive, at least from where I stand, and also expect
them to have similar opinions about me, but if we are now in a round of
forcing some undefined "well-behavedness" on a group of people who are
as disparate as you can probably find, we'll quickly end up no longer
being 'we, the Debian project', but only (say) a half of it who can
subscribe to the winning brand of moral, and whose claims to such
subscriptions are accepted by the remaining majority.

I'd consider this a *big* loss.

> project.  Those who feel this way probably have not had to work w/ Sven
> on a team for the past 2 years.

The project is still large enough that you (anyone) can always work
around such a problem by turning towards other tasks in the project
which allow you to bypass him (and the other way round, too).

Best,
--Toni++