Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 07:20:20PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> [2006.03.15.1512 +0100]:
[...]
> > I'm asking myself what's behind all that ? Ubuntu ? Probably no.
> > Subconcious fear to delivery in time ? Probably yes. Stop thinking
> > about who you're going to ask to be expelled next and spend some
> > time considering not my words, but just Etch.
>
> Thank you!

If I didn't care about etch, I could just as easily sit back and let Sven
do his thing (as I have been doing for the past few months); however, I
would like to see the release happen.  Given the time and resources that
Sven's arguments consume, I am convinced that expelling him will make things
run a lot smoother.

For starters, I/we need to figure out a sane way to deal w/ 3rd party kernel
modules.  I'm not sure the status of this, since Sven was adamant about this
happening his way; I'm not even willing to even touch the issue while he's
active in the kernel team.  I don't need the extra stress.  If Sven remains
active, I intend to just ignore the issue and let someone else deal w/ it;
perhaps someone who thinks that expulsion is too harsh.