Re: NEW queue backing up again -- ftpmasters, any explanation or comment?

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 03:23:29PM +0100, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > 20:38 < Ganneff> the archive grow too fast too big. so i should not process
> >   NEW so fast to not grow much more in a short term. something like that more.
>
> Well, if that's the reason, are updates to existing source packages
> still allowed? I'd really like to fix my RC bugs and sync with upstream
> at the same time but the latter would involve so-version changes.

This is not the reason for any backlog, although it does limit amount of
NEW accepts per day, but there's still plenty of room in each day to do
a lot of NEW. The bigger bottleneck is simply human processing time.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl