Packaing Xen 3.0 etc for Debian

Ralph,

I am a Debian Maintainer who is seriously considering getting Xen into
Debian and Ubuntu.

I have been installing xen-unstable.hg from source on my AMD 64 and have
been impressed with its relative stability.

I am prepared to sponsor your packages into Debian if we can get them
cleaned up.

Other things I am looking at are special Xen source trees.  We would
need the Debian security team to give us access to a patch repository
for all the Linux security patches.  The trick is to get the security
fixes split out from all the other updates that come in the point
releases for the current vanila kernel.org tree. Patching Xen against
the standard Debian kernel tree may be asking for problems, so it is
better to work off a vanilla kernel.org tarball and xen-unstable.hg

What are your thoughts?

Regards,

Matthew Grant

--