Re: May a package assume that builds are performed with root-like rights?

Le Jeudi 23 Février 2006 17:20, Frank Küster a écrit :
> > For example, I just tried running pbuilder on
> > make_3.80+3.81.b4-1.dsc again, which does create some fonts during the
> > build, and the build completes fine, except that I get error messages
> > like kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+264/600
> > --dpi 864 cmbx12
> > mkdir: cannot create directory `././var/cache/fonts/pk/ljfour':
> > Permission denied
> > mktexpk: mktexdir /var/cache/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/cm failed.
> > kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> > dvips: Font cmbx12 not found, characters will be left blank.
>
> Well, that's a problem and a bug, too.

Indeed.  I hadn't even noticed this was happening until I tried that and
looked closely at the build log.

Here's a thought: how hard would it be to make TeX fall back to caching in a
directory under the user's home directory (maybe $HOME/.fonts/texmf or so) if
it can't write to /var/cache/fonts?  pbuilder does have $HOME set up to work
all right with BUILDUSER{ID,NAME}.
--
Daniel Schepler