Re: TrueType fonts packages maintenance team proposal

On Monday 20 February 2006 07:40, Christian Perrier wrote:
> So, I hereby propose to think about a possible TTF fonts packaging
> team.

A comment as a pure user insofar as fonts are concerned:  I don't care if
what I see comes from a ttf, metafont, ps, bdf or PEX font.  I just want
the font to be available everywhere.  So I'd suggest that at least ttf and
ps fonts should be managed in some common way - so a font packaging (or
policy?) team may want to look at more than just ttf fonts.

cheers
-- vbi

(Yes, I realize that bdf and PEX are dying or dead, and that there probably
is currently support for TeX/Metafont fonts in X/Pango/whatever KDE
uses ;-)

(Hmmm.  I think I forgot Linux console bitmap fonts...  Or are these bdf,
too?)

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome - my key: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/92082481