Re: TrueType fonts packages maintenance team proposal

On Monday 20 February 2006 06:40, Christian Perrier wrote:

> The project could also include the maintenance of font-related tools,
> such as fontforge or defoma (which seems mostly abandoned, but
> probably requires solid knowledge or Perl and cryptic
> programming...:-)).

As several people have noticed, the FreeType packages in Debian could do with
some serious love that I do not have time to give. There are several issues
in the BTS that are issues with either fonts or FreeType's rendering of a
particular font, so it would be useful to get font maintainers actively
involved with maintenance of this package.