Re: TrueType fonts packages maintenance team proposal

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 07:40 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

> So, please follow up in -devel to show interest, criticism, laughs
> and the like.

As maintainer (non-DD) of the following two fonts, I think this is a
great idea.

> ttf-khmeros - KhmerOS Unicode fonts for the Khmer language of Cambodia
> ttf-mph-2b-damase - font with ranges from the latest version of unicode

There are a few other fonts I'd like to see in Debian (another Khmer
one, and a few Burmese Unicode ones).

It might be good to write a font policy (if one does not exist), with
suggested package names and standards for package descriptions,
dependencies and the like.

We should also ensure that all the fonts packages have correct debtags.
We could also search for binary packages that duplicate font files
instead of depending on them (even tho there are lintian warnings).

> Please feel free to point me at existing projects I wouldn't be aware
> of (debian-desktop?) which cover similar goals...

I also think that this project has a bit in common with debian-i18n,
perhaps they could be informed too?

--
bye,
pabs