Backports

I was wondering if the developers thought Backports will ever become an official part of Debian, one where the bugs are tracked on the BTS etc...  I really want to use backports, I'm just intimadated by:

" I provide these files without any warranty. Use them at your own risk. If one of these packages eats your cat or your rabbit, kills your neighbour, or burns your fridge, don't bother me. "

>From http://www.backports.org/warnings.html .

Do you think we will ever see backports officially supported by Debian?