Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

Joe Wreschnig writes:
> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 09:32 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 02:31:47PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > > You're underestimating the grave consequences of losing 25MB off every
> > > memory stick and virtual machine.
> >
> > python-minimal is about two megabytes installed, with no non-Essential
> > dependencies.
> >
> > (strictly an observation of fact; I'm not expressing an opinion either way
> > about the change)
>
> The python-minimal I see depends on all of python2.3. In Ubuntu perhaps
> it's 2MB, but in Debian right now it's almost all of Python.

correct, the change was made to introduce the package name, so that
the package doesn't stick in the NEW queue, when we actually do the
change. two other packages were introduced, so it only needs to be
approved one time by the FTP masters.

  Matthias