Re: when and why did python(-minimal) become essential?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Michael Banck wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 01:28:07PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:
I've changed the override to Priority: standard; I can't say I'm remotely
impressed by how this has been handled.

Could this be stopped, please?

I am not sure why you are replying to Anthony, if you read his mail, you
see that he *has* stopped this.

Hey, since when replying to someone implies that you disagree with him? It can as well be a case of AOL -- and I provided some arguments to help his case in what appeared to be a start of a possible flamewar.

I guess this was a honest mistake from Matthias, he accidently uploaded
a package not stripped of the Ubuntu-specific Essential: yes tags.

I was just whining about:
Obviously, python2.4-minimal is what Ubuntu includes in its essential set; so presumably the idea is to move Debian to a similar arrangement.

no reason for the world to end.

You're underestimating the grave consequences of losing 25MB off every memory stick and virtual machine. The increased costs of hardware will topple our economy, and the extra power drawn by the equipment will accelerate the global warming to a point where Earth will turn into bad-sf style land of lava and inferno within our lifetime. And you'll struggle to survive with the knowledge that I warned you.

--
/-----------------------\ Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet,
| kilobyte@mimuw.edu.pl | I'm hunting wuntime ewwows!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)