gerris FTBFS bug has not been fixed for 300 days

Hi all
Please let me know if there is other appropriate mailing list to report this problem. I am looking at the package gerris. This package has a FTBFS bug reported (along with a patch) against it 300 days ago. The bug report can be found at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=300446 . There was no response from the maintainer since all these days. What can be done to improve this situation?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi