Does it sometimes happen that people send mails before NMU ?

There have been 2 NMUs on libxml2 in a week and I never got a message
beforehand. Now I wonder if that practice has disappeared somehow.

I admit I've not spent enough time for libxml2 recently, but still, I
wouldn't have been bothered by some poking beforehand.

Moreover, I'm not exactly sure the second NMU has indeed removed all
problematic content but the bug is closed, so the NMUer may be happy.
Ah, by the way, the bug was not even a problem for package propagation
to testing, so that doesn't make the propagation an argument for a quick
upload.

No thanks

Mike