Re: Dissection of an Ubuntu PR message

Em Qui, 2006-01-12 às 18:08 -0200, Gustavo Franco escreveu:
> - Scott's url with patches isn't part of the "give something back"
> approach that we want. We need to be well informed about patches, but
> we don't know exactly how;

Don't we?

Debian is Ubuntu's upstream, right?

When you modify something in the upstream code, you normally send it to
upstream, right?

Do you send it as a link to a file with a patch only? Or do you send a
comment explaining the problem, the proposed solution and why that
decision was made?

That's it, just it, nothing more... That's what distinguishes
cooperating from forking...

daniel