Re: Need for launchpad

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:36:06 +0000, Martin Meredith <mez@ubuntu.com> said:

> Ok - I'm going to reply to the first post i found on this whole -
> thing, so apologies if it shows up in some weird place in threaded
> view.

> Basically - I dont think the brand should be put on ubuntu as a
> whole - feel free to target those people specifically you see not
> contributing - but remember - it's a two way thing - and there are
> people not willing to cooperate on both sides.

> *dons asbestos underwear and waits for replies*

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:19:42 -0500, Frans Jessop
>> <fransjessop@hotmail.com> said:
>>

>>> Ubuntu's launchpad is amazing.  Do you think it would be helpful
>>> if all DD's worked through it on their projects?
>>

>> Sure, as long as they change lauchpad to meet my workflow
>> requirements. This would mean letting me have a local repo, signed
>> remote repos, arch, email only interfaces, and not getting into my
>> way.  If they make changes to meet these requirements, I'll have
>> absolutely no problem throwing away tools I have worked on honing
>> for a decade or so and switching to launchpad. Oh, and release
>> launchpad under a free license, of course, so I don't make Debian
>> development rely on a non-free toolset, of course.
>>

>>> Wouldn't that keep things more organized and efficient?  Or
>>> perhaps Debian could build its own version of launchpad which is
>>> better.  Again, I think it would do a good job keeping everything
>>> organized an efficient.
>>

>> Yup. Having all humans speak just a single language (and none of
>> these darned wide charset junk) would be way more efficient too.
>> And just have one model of a car -- I mean, who needs all these
>> different companies, so much inefficiency.
>>
>> BTW, thanks for the laugh.

        OK. Since you selected my post to reply to -- are you implying
 that choosing not to use a propreitary, non-free, repository system
 for primary debian development, and abandoning my decade old workflow
 processes constitute non-cooperation?

        manoj
--
You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please
disregard this message.