Re: Canonical's business model

Le lundi 09 janvier 2006 à 06:58 +0000, Andrew Suffield a écrit :
> ...damnit, I never thought of that. And you know why not? Because on
> some level I thought that all the noise they make about 'contributing
> back to Debian' was more than just lip service. I had (stupidly)
> wanted to believe that it wasn't *just* their PR machine at work.

I've never received *any* contribution brought back from Ubuntu. Not a
single bug report. Only a bogus web page with outdated and unuseful
diffs.

On the other side, important improvements to my packages are sometimes
integrated to Ubuntu in an amazingly short amount of time.

This is fair. After all, that's what Free software is about. But I know
for sure that "contributing back to Debian" stuff is 100% talk and 0%
reality.