Re: How to Increase Contributions from Volunteers

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> package, but NO. I had to know someone, that the someone had a developer
> friend that would actually trust me, to ever be able to try posting something.

Supposedly, one post to debian-mentors should have gotten you started. I
guess the "How can you help us" www.debian.org page could use some better
linking.

> I would love to help, but the fact is that people that know how to do these
> things like they know the palm of their hands, don't share information or
> actually show people how to do things. I don't even know what is the whole

Anyone in that position, please ask yourself these two questions:

  1. Did you ever ask your doubts in debian-mentors if they are not too
     specific (or you feel they're newbie-ish), or on debian-devel or to
     more specialized forums if they are indeed very specific?

  2. Did you do anything for the prospective teachers to feel that investing
     their time on you would have good return (i.e.  helped around, showed
     interest and asked questions after clearly having tried to find it out
     by yourself first...) ?

  Henrique Holschuh