Re: ITK: debmake

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 07:13:05PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Stage 2. "Please switch away from debmake".
> This is the stage that starts today. So, everybody please, switch away
> from debmake. [...]
> *) If you are the maintainer of lintian or a similar tool, you are welcome
> to add a check that gives a warning if a package uses debmake.
> *) Please don't file any bugs yet.

Personally, I'd suggest filing wishlist bugs now, saying something like
"debmake will be removed from the archive soon, please switch to debhelper
or use some other means of building your package", and tracking the bugs
you file with a usertag like debmake@packages.debian.org / rev-deps.

> As a realistic goal, I estimate that etch will be the last release
> containing debmake, but of course, I would be deligthed to see it
> happen sooner.

It would be pretty lame if we couldn't do this in less than a year...

Cheers,
aj