Re: Thoughts on Debian quality, including automated testing

ke, 2005-12-21 kello 14:19 +0000, Roger Leigh kirjoitti:
> The difference for a minimal chroot is not too great.  The main
> advantage of schroot LVM snapshotting is that the time is constant
> irrespective of the size of the LV (it's copy-on-write), whereas for
> tar it is linear.  For slow machines and older architectures, this is
> an advantage.

Right. I'll postpone adding support for this until later, then. For the
time being, I assume piuparts will mostly be run on relatively fast
machines. Once slow machines become more relevant for piuparts, I'll
return to this issue and will look at schroot in more detail. Thanks for
pointing it out, I didn't know about it before.

(Likewise, UML/Xen support will probably happen only later.)

--
Never underestimate the power of a small tactical Lisp interpreter.