Re: buildd administration

Michael Banck wrote:
>The main problem of the arm port is *not* the buildd maintenance, but
>rather the lack of people fixing actual bugs, which is *not* the job of
>the buildd admin but of the porters.
Saying it doesn't make it true.

In fact, people who have volunteered to diagnose bugs in the past --
specifically Thomas Bushnell BSD -- have stated that they have become
dispirited and unwilling to do so *because* of the behavior of the buildd
maintainers; to wit, ignoring their diagnosis work.  So, provide better
evidence for your claim please.

>Unfortunately, you do not seem to trust James' opinion on this, but why
>do you not trust our beloved Release Manager, either, who said he knew
>of no serious issues with buildd maintenance right now?
Why should either of them know, to be perfectly frank?  This is argument by
authority, not an actual argument.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Make sure your vote will count.