Re: texlive-basic_2005-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Miles Bader wrote:
> > nicely as "texlive-lang-tibetan" and "texlive-fonts-recommended".
>
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > > texlive-binaries-source		96M
> > > 	texlive-basicbin
> > What about texlive-bin-base?
>

> As I said, it is true that I can arbitrary hyphens, but there was a
> decisison behind these names: Keeping the collections of TeX live (this
> is what users see when they use the installer) and the debian packages
> namewise in sync.
>
> I have no problem introducing different names, but only if I see good
> reasons other than "I like it" or "it is usual like this". To me, the
> argument on name-sync collection-debiannames is strong enough to keep
> the current names.

FWIW, Debian package names prefer e.g. foo-en-uk-doc over
foo-documentation-ukenglish. This allows to filter documentation
packages by name (doc-* or *-doc), and following the standardized
ISO abbreviations also seems to be better than using yet another
scheme.

Thiemo