Re: too long to build 2.6.14.2 kernel

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:54:26AM +0000, Andreas Orfanos wrote:
> My question is: Is this build time acceptable for the new kernels?
> Is something wrong with the tool chain? Distribution?

My question is: Is it a real problem? How often do you really compile your
kernels yourself with all the modules turned on, such as Debian does?

> I remember kernel builds where ultra fast, couldn't watch on
> screen what it was compiled.

2.4 used to spit out the entire command line while compiling. Try making with
V=1 to get the same effect on 2.6.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/