Re: getting unstable lintian & linda into stable

Hi Christoph,

On Friday, 11 Nov 2005, you wrote:

> Maybe lintian could detect if if was running on stable when it should
> be on unstable, and warn the user. I'm not sure how to do this, since
> there are legitimate uses on stable where you wouldn't want to get the
> warning.

it could parse the changelog entry and try to detect if the upload is
for stable-(security|proposed-updates).

If not, and "APT prefers stable" (stolen from reportbug), lintian/linda
could give a warning. This requires lintian/linda to run in the same
enviroment than the package has been build (ie. a chroot).

Greetings
Martin