Re: mixing different upstream sources in one package

Hello Jay,

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> My inclination would be decline requests to add unrelated packages to
> psutils, but I thought I'd solicit input from others in case someone
> has some perl (oops, pearl) of wisdom that I have overlooked.  Thanks!

IMHO (and I have suggested this particulary for 'sed through a postscipt
file' packages on d-mentors) this is about the users and free software.
Both are greatly helped by putting the stuff providing
yet-another-postscript-manipulation-scriptlet in the psutils package
where users have a chance to find it.

OTOH if upstream is actively opposing such additions, you might
reconsider to keep them happy.

Kind regards

T.
--