Re: RFC: drop kerberos4-support?

    Russ> Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
    >> * Find out what is required to keep AFS support working
    >> (assuming I don't already have it).

    Russ> Well, what sort of AFS environment?  The answer is different
    Russ> if you mean "AFS using kaserver" than if you mean "AFS using
    Russ> krb524 or native K5."

Ideally that would be "AFS environment that our users require".

However, I would be happy is that was "AFS environment that will work
without recompilation of Debian packages".

My preference would be native K5.

However, I get the impression that isn't yet possible with openafs in
Debian (unless I am badly confused).

So if using krb524 works, then hopefully that would be OK.

(when I last tested it I couldn't get it to work with anything except
krb4 support in the KDC, but I may have been doing something wrong...)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>