Re: Licenses for DebConf6

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:17:38 +0100, Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> said:

> at the last debconf in Helsinki there were people from outside
> debian giving talks, too. Hopefully we will have input from outside
> even in the future.

        Last time I looked, even our OS is full of contributions from
 people outside Debian.  Indeed, most of the software  we distribute
 came from somewhere else, and under a free license so we, and our
 users, can modify for our own use, distribute it, use it in new and
 novel ways, and grab useful bits and pieces to make our own programs
 better.

        Every bit of that applies to talks as well (thanks Colin
 Walters), and I fail to see why this is also not something we should
 strive for.

        manoj
--
You will lose an important tape file.