Re: Closing bugs bevore the upload is available

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:

> Hi,

>> > It will be displayed even when it's closed.  It does have some
>> > heuristics to avoid showing irrelevant bugs.

>> > Taru; we've discussed face-to-face about handling the new BTS
>> > versioning features last month[1]; how about implementing it?
>>
>> Just be aware that it might show irrelevent results, cf. bug #334884.
>
> Instead of specifying 'version=dist=unstable', specifying the
> exact version number seems to work, doesn't it?
>

> As for apt-listbugs, apt-listbugs will know which version is going
> to be installed, and can check the metadata (summary file) directly,
> checking the Fixed-In tag to see if it's relevant or not.

I have the impression that apt-listbugs on sarge always displays
completely irrelevant bugs.  For example, when I installed udev on a new
machine recently, it displayed a lot of RC bugs which do not exist if
you use sarge's udev with sarge's kernels.  In this particular case it
was interesting to learn how the upstream and Debian maintainers of udev
think about stability, but that's not the purpose of apt-listbugs, I
guess.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster