Re: Closing bugs bevore the upload is available

Hi,

>     >> Today I did a update of the system (yes, sid and yes I know it
>     >> can be unstable but...) and the update includes grep where no
>     >> open critical bug was seen. After Boot the system was
>     >> completely broken as of the libpcre dependency.
>     >>
>     >> So please do not close bugs bevore it is available on
>     >> servers. This break of the system musn't be.
>
>     Junichi> Didn't apt-listbugs help you at all ?
>
> AFAIK apt-listbugs only displays open bugs, if the bug is closed then
> it won't get displayed.

It will be displayed even when it's closed.
It does have some heuristics to avoid showing irrelevant bugs.

> Ideally apt-listbugs needs to be updated to support the new versioning
> system in the BTS.

Taru; we've discussed face-to-face about handling the new
BTS versioning features last month[1]; how about implementing it?

> This could also solve the issue that the mirror you use might be
> out-of-date and still have a buggy package that is fixed on the master
> server.

apt-listbugs already parses which version of the package is
going to be installed, so using the BTS versioning info instead of
guessing from the existing text is the last required step.

regards,
	junichi

[1] http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/2005-debianmeeting.html.en
--