Re: Request: Source for parts of GNU/Solaris

Glenn:

Glenn Maynard wrote:

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 10:11:24AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
Bill Gatliff writes:
Taking something you're not entitled to ~= theft.
Nothing is being taken.  A copyright may be being infringed, but the owner
is not being deprived of any property.

No, the owner hasn't been deprived. But the rights said owner conveyed via the GPL (which amount to some level of ownership, at least philosophically) have been deprived from the GNU/Solaris end users. It's the GNU/Solaris end users who have been stolen from.

I'll give up now.  Is that dead horse I smell?  :)

There's something darkly amusing about arguments coming from Free Software
people that sound very close to "intellectual property".  I wonder if people
will start suggesting copy protection with DMCA enforcement.  :)

Yea, what we need here are some software dongles. Free Software dongles. :P (kidding!!)

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com