Re: getting unstable lintian & linda into stable

Re: Nico Golde in <[🔎] 20051111142831.GG4638@ngolde.de>
> So what about a special exception which provides updated
> lintian & linda packages for the stable distribution?
> Is it technical possible? I mean becaused it should be
> fixed.

This doesn't make sense. You need unstable to build on unstable, and
only updating lintian and linda doesn't change that.

> If not it would be great to add some kind of Warning to the
> source code which checks the Debian versions and warns the
> user that it is normally recommended to built on a newer
> version.

Maybe lintian could detect if if was running on stable when it should
be on unstable, and warn the user. I'm not sure how to do this, since
there are legitimate uses on stable where you wouldn't want to get the
warning.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/