Re: Packages file missing from unstable archive

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 04:26:59PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 09:48:35AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >> Zsync checksum files are, depending on block size, about 3% of the
> >> file size. For the full archive that means under 10G more data. As
> >> comparison adding amd64 needs ~30G. After the scc split there might be
> >> enough space on mirrors for both.
> > Adding amd64 needs 30G? Since when?
> With stable/testing/unstable/experimental it should end up around
> there I think. Its 6-7G for the amd64 sarge debs so depending on
> overlap you get more or less.

Assuming no overlap, and your numbers you get 3 * 7 = 21 << 30.

For architectures in the archive, including oldstable through
experimental, disk space used by debs of that architecture range from 9GB
(m68k) to 14GB (i386, ia64), including 13GB arch:all packages.

It's necessary to have accurate numbers on these things, rather than
pulling things out of the air.

Cheers,
aj