Re: gnome-swallow_1.2-2_source.changes REJECTED

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 04:49:08PM -0600, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Josselin Mouette]
> > I can't see the rationale for rejecting source uploads, and they used
> > to be accepted in the past.
>
> It's the first line of defense against people uploading things that
> don't build, wasting various infrastructure resources.
>
> Perhaps what you need is for someone to set up an autobuilder queue
> that doesn't upload packages but just returns them to you somehow, with
> logs, so you can sign and upload yourself.  Of course this autobuilder
> queue should be under control of Debian developers, lest we have
> another round of flames about uploading untrusted binaries.

I don't want to speak for him, but Anibal has a pbuilder that he kindly
let me use while he was sponsoring my packages.  I just had to email the
URL to the .dsc file to pbuilder@hisdomain and then it would download,
build and email me the report.  Maybe he (or someone else) would be
willing to make something like that more widely available.

If nothing else, maybe someone can provide the recipe and then someone
else can set one up.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez