Re: Problem with package build-depends against libpcap-dev - isthis a bug?

2005/11/7, Roy Hills <royhills@gmail.com>:
> I'll submit a bug against libpcap-dev first for not allowing
> libpcap0.8-dev to satisfy the dependency, and see where that
> leads. I guess that the libpcap-dev developer should know
> what is supposed to happen.

I wonder if this shouldn't be like libreadline-dev. This virtual
package is provided by both libreadline4-dev and libreadline5-dev.
Packages generally compile against both. People depending on readline
would use something like:

Build-Depends: libreadline5-dev | libreadline-dev

meaning it compiles against whatever you have installed, only
installing libreadline5-dev if you don't have either...