Re: device nodes with udev?

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 01:30:56PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> Wrong. Nothing needs BSD ptys but some *very* old applications (I would
> not even know where to find one).

At least /sbin/bootlogd does not work without BSD ptys and this is not
documented anywhere. I needed some time to figure out why it complains
about some completely bogus tty name not being available even if I
specify the correct console at the kernel's command line.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences