Re: Status of libpng transition

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 12:00:44PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:
>
> > But since you asked, the libpng transition is waiting for the readiness of a
> > large cluster of GNOME 1 packages culminating in gnucash, and will probably
> > go in as soon as gnucash is ready.

> gnucash is number *27* on the sparc build queue.  This is silly.
> Surely we can figure a way to make it ready now, rather than waiting
> another eighteen days and hoping it will have advanced a little
> further towards the front.

FWIW, gnucash is not actually on the critical path for the KDE transition;
sorry, I mistakenly thought earlier that it was, but britney has since set
me straight on that point by resolving whatever tangle I mistook for a
libpng circular dependency.

Sparc's performance in general has been underwhelming as of late, with both
of our long-term buildds taking intermittent leaves-of-absence.  There are
several other packages that *are* on the critical path for the C++
transition which are likewise sauntering their way to the bottom of the
queue...

> The other main blocker that I am connected with is the gtkhtml build
> failure on arm and mips, which need to be requeued now that the
> tetex-bin bug is fixed and uploaded on both of those archs.

These have been given back for building, thanks.