Re: [Mass bug filing] Native vs. non-native packages consistency

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:13:50PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:
> I knew you would read this mail considering the subject. ;-)

> Below is a list of 311 packages that currently have a version in
> unstable that is not properly reflected by the existence of an
> orig.tar.gz file (that's 3.3% of the whole sid archive).

> Feel free to point me to false positives, as I haven't checked every
> single one of them. I know that some of them already have respective
> bugs filed against them.

Indeed, at least some of these *are* false positives; there is nothing that
prohibits the use of dashes in native version numbers, so I don't really
think it's appropriate to mass-file bugs against packages which appear to be
missing .diff.gz's until they've been verified individually.

Here are some false positives I found; I have not attempted to make a
comprehensive list.  However, noting that you've managed to tag large
numbers of core kernel packages as false-positives, I hope the reasons for
not encoding such a check in the archive software are now evident to you...