Re: d-i: partitioned md devices? allowed but not supported?

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> starts them. I suspect it is doing that because there is a bootflag on the
> partition. I am not sure if the kernel can du that for all devices it auto

It looks for all type 0xFD partitions.

> detected (i havd md0 on sda1/sdb1 and md1 on sda2/sdb2, only the first is
> available before init).

It will autorun/enable *all* md devices it can, not just md0.  All of them
will be available to bootstrap, and telling the kernel (through the command
line) to mount a root partition in /dev/md1 will work just fine). This was
true the last time I tried that, anyway, which was about one year ago.

  Henrique Holschuh