Re: per-user temp directories by default?

Re: Noah Meyerhans in <[🔎] 20051104144110.GB17022@morgul.net>
> Sorry for not being more clear.  The default (only?) behavior of
> libpam_tmpdir is to set $TMP and $TMPDIR to /tmp/user/$UID.

The only difficult point I can see is that (the same) $TMPDIR should
also be available in chroots. I bind-mount /tmp in my chroots; if
libpam_tmpdir would create a new directory there, that would be bad as
files and sockets should be shared among the host and chroot
filesystem.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/