Re: postinst scripts failing because a new conffile wasn't accepted: Is it a bug?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> My proposal to avoid such problem is to implement multilevel
> configuration, where the package default configuration and the local
> overrides are stored in separate files, making sure local
> configuration do not affect changes to the package default, and thus
> no question is asked during upgrade.
This is best design, certainly, but can be rather difficult to do if
upstream is not using a cooperative mechanism.  In contrast, if upstream
has DTRT, this should require no maintainer work.  Oh well.

--
ksig --random|