Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

* Frank Küster:

> It is for sure not a bug to contain a PostScript file where PostScript
> is the preferred form of modification.  If you have tetex-base
> installed, /usr/share/texmf/dvips/misc/resolution400.ps is a short
> example, /usr/share/texmf/dvips/misc/crops.pro is a bit longer.
>
> There are people in this world who can read and program PostScript.

Sure, and it's the preferred form of modifcation for removing
ink-wasting background images from Powerpoint presentations, but: This
is not the kind of modifcation I'm talking about.  Imagine you have to
update the documentation to include an additional paragraph.  Do you
really think it's acceptable to perform major Postscript surgery on
the following pages, until you hit a page with sufficient free
vertical space?

(In some ways, this is harder than patching binary executables!)