Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

* Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) wrote:
> * sean finney (seanius@debian.org) [051026 14:20]:
> > i don't think removing and reusing users is a good idea in practice.
> > what harm would there be in simply leaving the user account on the
> > system permenantly, with maybe locking the account and setting the
> > shell to /bin/false?
>
> Yep, that's probably best practice.

In a 'best practice' setup, I'd think it's certainly be much better for
unused accounts to not exist than to have them exist but be locked out
through some means.  I'm not a huge fan of trusting 'lock-out'
mechanisms as they can be different for different authentication
systems.

	Thanks,

		Stephen