Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch,L

> Frankly, I do not see any advantage in your dh_user idea.

I can see one...even if I follow this discussion quite loosely:

Currently, all packages needing to add a system user do it their own
way. Some do it very carefully with nice error checking and stuff, by
using adduser, etc.

Some others might do it less carefully...or slightly differently.

Thus, a debhelper script for this could at least bring some
consistency to these methods and, actually, offer lazy maintainers (we
are all lazy maintainers) a convenient method for adding users.

Just for this, I would probably appreciate a dh_user script.