Re: buzz/rex binaries/install media?

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:41:07PM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 19.40, Matej Vela wrote:
>
> > See <http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/historic-linux/distributions/debian/1.1/>
> > for buzz disks.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Now, does anybody know if buzz/Linux 2.0.0's 'ne' driver didn't support
> realtek PCI network cards, or if it's a qemu problem?  (I suspect the
> latter, as the ne2k-pci of 2.0.38 also doesn't work.)

I'd be fairly surprised if _anything_ that old supported any but
experimental PCI cards: I'm not even sure that Realtek were around then
:) I have had problems installing RH 7.0 on qemu because various kernel
stuff just died horribly - 7.3 and later was fine.

I've got a couple of my oldest machines I could try this on:
alternatively, I've threatened to bring along a 486 running Debian 1.3
to a Linux Expo and raffle it off as a consolation prize :)

> Ok, this is getting OT - I'll shut up now on this topic.
>
> cheers
> -- vbi

QEMU is software which really rocks - good luck :)

Andy