Re: major problem with gnome-games dependency

With regards to the suggestion that some means be provided for admins to
easily install a subset of GNOME that suits the needs of government
and/or US government ...

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 01:50 -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> I suppose you were joking, but in all seriousness, why does _Debian_
> need to add them?  Let the site administrator do it, using 'equivs'.
> If you're installing more than a few machines somewhere, sooner or
> later you'll want to create one or more site metapackages anyway.

OK, I'll bite.  Whenever there is an identifiable subset of Debian users
that a group of Debian developers care about, those developers can lift
some of the administrative burden of that subset by crafting for them a
CDD (Custom Debian Distribution).  Who are you to scoff?  If there is a
group of developers within Debian that cares about the needs of
government users in general, or for a specific region's government, let
them take care of this.  Why make all of the users do the extra work
individually if they all share the same needs?  It would be far more
efficient to expend the much smaller effort in development to provide a
solution tailored for their needs.

Ben